2023 was a year of innovation and growth; both for Pacific Spice and for our partners and customers. This year, we were inspired to create a number of exciting new spice blends, attend prominent industry events and trade shows, and find new ways to connect with (and learn from) our community, online and in person.
Before closing the book on 2023, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on some of this year’s highlights.
Exciting New Spice Blends
Not only did we help countless clients develop their own seasoning blends, we also continued to grow our company catalog of spice blends. We pride ourselves in developing versatile blends that inspire in the kitchen, and we’re happy to report that each of these blends hit the mark.
Here are our top 9 spice blends of 2023:
First up, we have our holiday spice blends, guaranteed to take your seasonal dishes to the next level:
- PSC Fiery Hot Chocolate Blend is made of rich and velvety premium Dutch cocoa and cayenne, providing the comforting warmth of classic cocoa with a gentle but invigorating spicy twist.
- PSC Classic Gravy Blend is a vegan seasoning that offers all the customary salty, savory, and herbal flavors of homemade gravy in one convenient blend.
- PSC Fall Fusion Blend blends the savory essence of roasted chicken with a medley of warm spices. The result is a versatile and delightful spice blend that elevates any savory dish.
Next, we are pleased to present our snack series. We offered samples of these spice blends over popcorn at our IFT FIRST booth, and the response from booth visitors was overwhelmingly positive.
- PSC Limón Hot Cheese Puff Seasoning: A bold blend that’s packed with intense heat, tangy limón, and savory real cheese.
- PSC Tropical Cardamom Seasoning: This seasoning combines the natural sweetness and complexity of cardamom with bright, tropical tartness.
- PSC Sage Cheddar Seasoning: This fragrant blend pairs the minty, woodsy flavor of sage with the richness of cheddar cheese.
According to our team, PSC Limón Hot Cheese Puff Seasoning reigned supreme as the fast favorite among attendees.
Finally, our R&D department worked tirelessly to create new and exciting mocktail spice blends. At Natural Products Expo West, we had the fun opportunity to give away mocktail samples to attendees.
- PSC Lavender Sage Cocktail Mix: Floral, minty, and slightly earthy, this blend is herbal, fragrant, and naturally refreshing.
- PSC Jalapeño Mint Cocktail Mix: Hot, sweet, and fragrant, this perfect pairing of spicy jalapeño and cool mint proves that opposites attract.
- PSC Chili Lime Cocktail Mix: Bold, zesty, and full of flavor, this blend adds a fiery kick and tangy, citrus notes to any dish or drink. Take a journey to the tropics!
If you’re interested in sampling any of our new blends, please reach out to us – we would love to share them with you.
3 Industry Trade Shows
2023 invited more opportunities to attend industry events in person. We are thrilled to have been able to attend three paramount trade shows this year: IFT FIRST, Natural Products Expo West, and SCIFTS.
From conversations about unique flavors and exotic blends, to discussions around eco-friendly packaging, sustainability, and market trends, to sharing PSC spiced popcorn, and PSC mocktail samples at our booths, all three of these trade shows were unforgettable experiences that we are proud to have been a part of.
As an industry leader, we are paying attention to the broader industry landscape, and continuing to push forward with new, innovative blends and creative solutions. Participation in events like these allow us to collaborate with others in the industry, learn from professionals around the country, and return to our jobs with renewed passion and excitement for the future.
Our Best Blogs of 2023
We wrote twenty four blogs this year! Each one was an opportunity for us to connect with, educate, and inspire our greater community.
Our blogs covered:
- Relevant and up-to-date industry education to help you navigate the world of spices
- Creative recipes that presented new ways to use both classic and exotic spices and blends
- Educational blogs highlighting the history and origins of some of the most prominent spices in our world today.
- Introductions to a few of our much-deserving employees in our new “Employee Spotlight” series.
Of these twenty four blogs published, a few stood out as favorites in our community. Here are our top 2 blogs of 2023.
Top Recipe: Kung Pao Cauliflower
A classic Chinese stir fry with a vegetarian twist! With an assortment of mixed vegetables, chili peppers and peanuts, this recipe is crunchy, crispy, sweet, and spicy, and doused in a dark, salty sauce. We created a zesty citrus flavor and a hint of heat using our PSC Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
Top Educational Blog: The Art and Science of Formulating Spice Blends
We took the advice “write what you know” to heart when we wrote this informative blog that explores the skill of formulating spice blends. As a full service spice company, we know that spice blends are vital to culinary innovation, and that’s why they are at the heart of what we do. In this blog, we explore the science of flavor, the art of creating innovative flavor combinations, and how PSC can help you achieve your business goals with the help of our R&D department.
This year, it was our honor to help our loyal customers, partners, and employees achieve their goals, offer new businesses our guidance and expertise, and work together every day to produce some of the best herbs, spices, and seasoning blends on the market.
Thank you for making 2023 a year to remember,
Pacific Spice Company
Stay connected with us in 2024! Subscribe to our newsletter and join us on social media. Follow us on Instagram and Linkedin for mouth-watering food portraits, industry education, culinary tips, recipe development, behind-the-scenes snapshots, and sneak peeks of upcoming products and specials.