At Pacific Spice, we specialize in formulating spice blends for food manufacturers, food service companies, and private label customers. With an extensive library of ready-to-use spice blends, and state-of-the-art custom blending services, we work tirelessly to help B2B food companies streamline their spice blending process.
As a full service spice company, we know that spice blends are vital to culinary innovation, and that’s why they are at the heart of what we do.
In this blog, we discuss the art and science of spice blending, introduce our three new spice blends, and share how PSC spice blends can help you achieve your business goals.
The Art and Science of Spice Blending
Formulating spice blends is equal parts art and science. That’s why we rely on our dedicated staff of flavor experts and spice professionals to create creative, balanced, and flavorful formulations.
Spices can be broken down into five main flavor categories: Bitter, salty, sour, sweet, and umami. The reason certain spices taste good together is not random, but rather a chemical interaction between flavors. Our R&D department is well-versed in the science of spice blending, and are experts at creating innovative, multi-dimensional flavor combinations.
With decades of combined experience, our staff has the knowledge, expertise, and culinary intuition to ensure each blend is expertly formulated.
Flavor Innovation at PSC
We are at the forefront of the spice industry and are deeply knowledgeable about current flavor trends in the U.S. We regularly introduce innovative spice blends that support regional, national, and global trends, and work directly with clients to formulate custom spice blends.
In addition to supporting current flavor trends, we also pride ourselves in seeking out unconventional flavor combinations that inspire in the kitchen and push the boundaries of food and flavor.
As an industry leader, it is both our privilege and our responsibility to provide our clients with new and exciting blends that elevate their dishes and set them apart from the competition.
The Value of Outsourcing Spice Blends
At Pacific Spice, our extensive library of existing spice blends and our custom blending capabilities solve customer challenges every day. From improved product quality, to boosted sales, and customer satisfaction, our B2B customers experience many benefits after enlisting our help.
These benefits include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Sourcing spice blends from PSC allows you to take advantage of bulk pricing. Our team will also help you project your spice needs to avoid potential food waste.
- Flavor Consistency: Under the guidance of our on-staff experts, all our products are responsibly sourced, high quality, and blended with state-of-the-art technology. This allows us to maintain consistent flavor, fragrance, and texture across each batch.
- Scalable Reproduction: We are fully equipped to reproduce spice blends at any scale.
- Culinary Innovation: We are always working on innovative new spice blends. Our innovative products add variety, depth, and uniqueness to your recipes.
- Pure and Safe Products: We confidently guarantee the safety and quality of our products (see more below)
We can report with confidence that each one of these benefits is time-tested and proven. In this case study, for example, we highlight the story of one restaurant owner who faced many challenges when formulating their signature spice blends from scratch. After outsourcing their custom blends to Pacific Spice, they reported many tangible benefits.
For more details, read: How Outsourcing a Spice Blend Eased Growing Pains For This Restaurant Chain
Our Commitment to Safety and Quality
When you partner with us, you can rest assured knowing that our products exceed industry standards for safety and quality.
At Pacific Spice, we implement diligent quality testing throughout the spice manufacturing process. This gives us a unique level of oversight and control that allows us to guarantee the safety and quality of all our products.
As a leader in spice manufacturing, we go the extra mile to adhere to the strictest standards in product safety and quality. The most notable of these is our SQF Certification.
To learn more about our commitment to safety and quality, please read our detailed account: Spice Safety and Quality: The Gold Standard
3 New Spice Blends for B2B Food Companies
We are excited to announce three new spice blends that are guaranteed to elevate your seasonal dishes and streamline your food production process. Each blend was specifically developed to meet the needs of our B2B customers. All three holiday-inspired seasonings are highly versatile, and offer rich, multidimensional, and balanced flavor.
- PSC Classic Gravy Blend: Create a thick, savory, and enticing gravy with ease using this rich, warm blend of spices and starch. Try this versatile seasoning in mashed potatoes, meatloaf, biscuits, and country-fried steak. Learn more.
- PSC Fiery Hot Chocolate Blend: Indulge in the comforting warmth of classic cocoa with a gentle but invigorating spicy twist. Spice up mole sauces, or try it in cocoa-infused cocktails. Learn more.
- PSC Fall Fusion Seasoning: This unique blend features the savory essence of roasted chicken with a medley of warm spices. Use this seasoning to flavor all your savory favorites, like soups, stews, turkey, and roasted potatoes. Learn more.
Elevate your culinary creations, and explore the possibilities with all three of these innovative spice blends. Contact us for more information about these and our other B2B spice blends.
At PSC, we streamline the spice blending process so that you can get back to concentrating on your business.
When you choose to work with a B2B spice manufacturer, you enlist the help of a full team of industry experts. Whether you already have a recipe, or would like to create one, we will help you every step of the way.
Now that you’ve learned more about the many benefits of working with a spice manufacturer, we invite you to take the next step. Contact us to get started!