Harnessing inspiration from Middle Eastern cuisine, our lamb burger is full of tantalizing spices and herbs and is topped with a generous spread of harissa aioli for a smoky, peppery, slightly tangy depth of flavor. Flavored with our PSC Harissa Spice Blend, this recipe puts a new twist on an old summertime favorite. Containing just a few key ingredients, this standout recipe is surprisingly simple to make, easy to customize, and sure to elevate your on-the-grill menu.
About PSC Harissa Spice Blend: While harissa is typically sold in paste or sauce form in grocery stores, our product offers the distinctive flavor of harissa in one convenient spice blend. With ingredients like chiles, garlic, and other spices, our blend effortlessly gives sauces, stews, and marinades an authentic harissa flavor.
Fun fact: Harissa originates from North Africa. Although many regions have their own variation of the paste, harissa is especially associated with Tunisia.
Ingredients for the Harissa Aioli:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 lemon grated
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp PSC Harissa Blend
Ingredients for the Lamb Burgers:
1 1/2 lb ground lamb
1 tsp PSC Garlic Granulated
1 tsp PSC Coriander Ground
1 tsp PSC Cumin Ground
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup onion, grated, drained of excess moisture
4 brioche buns
2 cups arugula
1 tomato sliced
1 red onion sliced
Make the harissa aioli: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Make the burgers:
- In a big bowl, add ground lamb. Then, add PSC Garlic Granulated, PSC Coriander Ground, PSC Cumin Ground, and salt.
- Using your hand, mix together ingredients. Add parsley and onions and mix lightly. Take care to not overwork the meat.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 portions and form into patties.
- Heat your grill or iron skillet to medium high. Cook each patty for about 5 minutes on each side or until the thickest part of the burger is cooked to 145°F
Assemble the burgers:
- Cut your brioche buns in half and lightly toast them in a toaster or on the grill. Add a dollop of aioli to both sides of the toasted bun.
- Take the bottom half of a bun and stack a lamb patty, arugula, tomato, onion, and finally your top bun.
- Repeat the process until all four burgers are assembled.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 burgers
- Try a different burger meat! Substitute the lamb patty with your meat of choice. Ground chicken and ground beef also work well in this recipe
- Experiment with toppings! Try pickled onions, cucumber, feta cheese, avocado, or anything that inspires you.