Lending its warm and spicy, mouth-watering flavor to classic Mexican dishes like tacos, burritos, and quesadillas, taco seasoning is one of the most recognizable and beloved seasoning blends in America. With a fiery blend of warm spices like paprika and chili peppers, and the savory flavors of onion, garlic, and salt, this blend is meant for so much more than just tacos.
In this blog, we will share some innovative and unexpected ways to use PSC Taco Seasoning. Read on to learn how this iconic seasoning blend can boost flavor and elevate your cooking in so many creative ways.
#1. Elevate Seafood Dishes
Taco seasoning might not be the first thing you think of when you prepare seafood, but it is a fantastic spice to have on hand. Here are a few creative ways to use it to elevate your seafood menu.
- Spiced Fish Stew: Add it to a hearty kosher fish stew. Mix kosher fish, like salmon and cod with diced tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Make it a meal by serving it with a side of crusty bread or over a bed of rice.
- Tilapia with Spicy Crust: Give tilapia filets a unique and flavorful outer crust with a generous dusting. Pan-sear or bake the filets for a scrumptious and spicy seafood dish.
- Salmon Cakes: Add this blend to salmon, breadcrumbs, an egg, and finely chopped vegetables like bell peppers and onions. Shape into patties and pan-fry until golden brown. Serve salmon cakes on a bed of greens or with a side of kosher, dairy-free tartar sauce for dipping.
#2. Experiment with Plant-Based Cuisine
The meatless food trend is here to stay. With bold seasoning blends like PSC Taco Seasoning, it’s easy to bring classic, crave-able flavors to vegetarian, vegan, and plant-based cuisine.
- Vegan Tacos: PSC Taco Seasoning adds the perfect balance of spice and heat to any taco recipe, including plant-based tacos! Sprinkle it over roasted vegetables, and top it with fresh avocado and cashew sour cream.
- Spicy Tofu Scramble: PSC Taco Seasoning is the seasoning blend-of-choice for savory vegetarian breakfast options like a spicy tofu scramble.
- Mushroom Ragout: This slow-cooked stew is the perfect canvas for PSC Taco Seasoning. Add depth of flavor and a spicy kick to this plant-based favorite.
#3. Reinvent Classic Dishes
Who says you can’t improve on a good thing? There are so many ways to make old recipes feel new using PSC Taco Seasoning!
- Spicy Meatballs: Give traditional meatballs a fiery kick with a generous dusting of PSC Taco Seasoning.
- Spicy Chicken and Waffles: We love a bold, savory and sweet flavor pairing. Add the seasoning to fried chicken and serve it on top of a savory waffle with maple syrup. It’s the best of both worlds!
- Mexican-Inspired Shakshuka: Reimagine shakshuka by blending PSC Taco Seasoning into the tomato sauce base. Serve with warm tortillas or crusty bread.
With so many tantalizing ingredients, PSC Taco Seasoning is a savory spice blend that is made for so much more than just tacos. We hope this blog will inspire you to experiment with it in the kitchen and test the limits of this versatile blend.
How do you use PSC Taco Seasoning? If you have another unconventional recipe or innovative idea for this iconic seasoning blend, we’d love to hear about it! Drop a comment below.