Few Middle Eastern dishes rival the lamb kebab. Conveniently served on a stick, Spiced Lamb Kofta Kebabs are easy to make, fun to eat, and full of possibilities.
This authentic dish is made with deliciously tender lamb seasoned with the most flavorful and fragrant Middle Eastern spices and herbs (that may already be in your pantry!). The combination of cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg creates a blend that is warm and savory with layered depth.
Prep these Lamb Kofta Kebabs for your next backyard barbecue, try them as a meal-on-the-go, or make them the centerpiece of your next Middle Eastern-inspired feast alongside rice, cucumber salad, and pita bread.
1 lb ground lamb
1 small onion, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp PSC Cumin Ground
1 tsp PSC Coriander Ground
1/2 tsp PSC Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp PSC Cinnamon Ground
1/4 tsp PSC Allspice Ground
1/4 tsp PSC Nutmeg Ground
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Skewers (wooden or metal)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground lamb, onion, garlic, PSC Cumin Ground, PSC Coriander Ground, PSC Smoked Paprika, PSC Cinnamon Ground, PSC Allspice Ground, PSC Nutmeg Ground, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the meat mixture into 5-6 equal portions. Hold the skewer in one hand and use the other hand to mold each portion of meat around the skewer, shaping it into a sausage shape about 6-7 inches long and 1 inch thick. Ensure that the meat is evenly distributed and compacted on the skewer to ensure that the kofta is cooked thoroughly.
- Grill the skewers for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the lamb is cooked to your desired taste.
- Remove from heat and serve!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Make it spicy! Add some heat to these Spiced Lamb Kofta Kebabs by adding PSC Jalapeño Powder or Cayenne Pepper.
- Make it a meal! Serve the skewers with a side of pita bread and a non-dairy yogurt dipping sauce flavored with PSC Dill, PSC Mint, and a pinch of PSC Sumac.
- Don’t have access to a grill? Bake Kofta Kabobs in the oven at 375° F for 15-20 minutes, flipping them once halfway through the cook time. OR broil the kabobs on high for 5-10 minutes, flipping them once halfway through. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 155°-160°F in the thickest spot.