From doughnuts to beignets, and zeppole, deep fried dough is a delicious treat that is beloved and enjoyed all around the world.
The festive churro is no exception.
In the U.S., churros have skyrocketed in popularity the last couple of years, and are one of the most searched recipes on the internet. Having a strong association with theme parks, family fun, and late night street eats, as well as a nearly endless variety of toppings to choose from, it’s no wonder churros have become so sought-after.
Soft on the inside and slightly crisped on the outside, our Pumpkin Spice Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce will fill your kitchen with all the flavors of fall and instantly turn a family favorite into a seasonal staple.
Make Pumpkin Spice Churros a tradition this year! Delight your friends by bringing it to their holiday party, or make it a seasonal special on your dessert menu. Just be warned, once your family, friends, and/or customers get a taste, they’ll start asking for it year-round.
About PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice: A little sweet, a little spicy, and with a whole lot of flavor, our PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice combines the most popular fall spices into one festive blend. With the inviting flavors of Cinnamon, Allspice, Cloves, Ginger, and Nutmeg, and others, our pumpkin pie spice blend adds a signature fall flavor to all your favorite seasonal food and beverage recipes.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Churros:
1 tbsp PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Canola oil for frying
1 cup of water
8 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup pumpkin puree, canned
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients for Chocolate Sauce:
1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, mix PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice with granulated sugar and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, pour enough canola oil to cover about 3 inches of the pan and heat to 375°F.
- Bring a large saucepan to medium heat and add water, butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour and salt until thick. Let mixture cool.
- Add eggs to the cooled mixture and lightly beat with a hand mixer. Pour into a piping bag with a large opening.
Before frying the churros, make sure your hands and arms are covered, and you’ve taken other appropriate safety measures to prevent injury from the hot oil.
- To fry the pumpkin spice churros: Hold the pastry bag about 3 inches over the hot oil and pipe 5-6 inch long ropes. Cut off dough from the pastry bag with kitchen scissors.
- Fry each churro for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate if needed.
- Remove cooked churros with tongs and roll them in pumpkin spice sugar mixture. Place them on a cooling rack. Repeat until all churros are cooked and coated.
- To make the chocolate dipping sauce: Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add chocolate, heavy cream, and butter and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Serve churros with delectable drizzle or generous side of chocolate dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
Servings: 6-8 churros