Our Herb Spiced Roasted Chicken and Vegetables recipe is warm and hearty, packed full of veggies, and super easy to make. Combining chicken, onions and garlic, seasonal root vegetables, and fragrant herbs into one single pan, this dish is the perfect addition to any autumn-inspired menu. This recipe is easy to customize with veggies and herbs from your garden or local market, and easily paired with any side dish.
In this dish, both the chicken and the veggies bring out the best in each other. The juicy chicken keeps the veggies moist in the oven, while all the flavors of the vegetable medley add interest and depth to the roasted chicken as it cooks. Featuring our PSC Holiday Spiced Herb Blend and our PSC Chicken and Poultry Seasoning, this one-and-done dinnertime centerpiece is the colorful, cold weather meal you’ll want to make every week.
About PSC Holiday Spiced Herb Mix: A savory, herby blend with oregano, garlic, onion, chilies, thyme, and rosemary. This product is an all-in-one seasoning for any savory cold-weather favorite, from roasted potatoes, to vegetables, and even poultry.
About PSC Chicken and Poultry Seasoning: This versatile seasoning combines sage, thyme, and a medley of other fragrant herbs. Sprinkle it over chicken, poultry, veggies, stuffings, and herbed breads for flavor, color, and fragrance.
1 small onion, quartered
2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
1 bunch small baby carrots
2 cups fingerling potatoes
5 tbsp vegetable or canola oil, split
2 tsp PSC Holiday Spiced Herb Mix
1 tbsp PSC Chicken and Poultry Seasoning
1 whole chicken (3-4lbs), cut into 8 pieces, bone in, skin on
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt to taste
1/3 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a baking sheet, combine onion, garlic, carrots, and potatoes with 2 tbsp oil, and PSC Holiday Spiced Herb Mix. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 3 tbsp oil and PSC Chicken and Poultry Seasoning. Arrange chicken on top of the vegetables, skin-side up and coat the chicken evenly with the oil mixture.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (165 ºF) and the vegetables are tender.
- Place cooked chicken and vegetables on a serving platter. Pour pan juices into a small bowl and add lemon juice and salt, mix well.
- Drizzle lemon juice mixture over roasted chicken and vegetables, garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min