Turmeric is best known around the world as the spice that gives curry its bright golden color and earthy flavor. This bold spice, however, is highly versatile and is becoming more popular every year. From smoothies to scrambles, turmeric has quickly become a featured ingredient in packaged foods, restaurants, recipes, and homes across the country.
Today, we’re excited to share three simple recipes that each feature PSC Turmeric Ground. We hope they spark inspiration and make it easy for you to add turmeric to your menu.
Turmeric Overnight Oats
Optional toppings: hemp seed, coconut flakes, pineapple, raspberries
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or jar. Cover and chill overnight.
- In the morning, add desired toppings and enjoy.
Whipped Feta Turmeric Dip
8 oz feta cheese
¾ cup plain greek yogurt
Zest of 1 small lemon
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp PSC Black Pepper Ground
1 tsp PSC Turmeric Ground
1 tbsp PSC Toasted White Sesame Seeds
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Garnish with PSC Chili Flakes, fresh dill, and pita chips
- Combine feta cheese, greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, PSC Black Pepper Ground, and PSC Turmeric Ground in a food processor. Pulse until well blended and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, top it off with PSC Toasted Sesame Seeds, and drizzle the olive oil on top.
- Garnish with PSC Chili Flakes and fresh dill, and serve with pita chips and veggies.
Turmeric Butter Beans
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp PSC Chili Flakes
2 tsp PSC Turmeric Ground
2 cups fresh spinach
1 can butter beans
Zest of 1 small lemon
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, shallot, and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the oil is translucent and fragrant.
- Add PSC Chili Flakes, PSC Turmeric Ground, spinach, butter beans, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Stir together and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you’d like to learn more about turmeric, we encourage you to read our full educational blog, Turmeric: The Gold Standard of Spices
Are you interested in adding turmeric to your order? Contact us, we’d love to help!