Nothing says summer quite like a homemade veggie pizza on the grill, cooked to fluffy, crispy, melty perfection.
Every bit as satisfying as its meaty alternative, this fresh summer veggie pizza is sure to gratify carnivores and vegetarians alike. With a crust that is soft and crisp in all the right places, a medley of colorful veggies, and our PSC Ranch Seasoning that lends an American twist to this festive pie, our summer veggie pizza will have you wishing it was pizza night every night.
Getting a fluffy, crispy crust is a challenge when making veggie pizza. In this recipe, we found the best solution was to grill the veggies before adding them as a topping. This helps to deepen their rich flavors and release some of their water content to help you achieve the perfect crust. We then top it off with fresh tomatoes and arugula, making it a cheerful and customizable summertime favorite.
About PSC Ranch Seasoning – Offering all the taste of ranch dressing with none of the mess or preparation, our PSC Ranch Seasoning was made for ranch dressing lovers. Sprinkle over all your favorite foods, including veggies, fries, baked potatoes, and dips.
About PSC Italian Crushed Seasoning– This spice rack mainstay lends a taste of Italy to any dish. Featuring an assortment of dried spices and herbs including oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary, this blend is a fragrant addition to soups, sauces, and garlic bread.
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1/4 red onion, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp PSC Ranch Seasoning
3 tbsp flour
1 pizza dough, prepared
1 can pizza sauce
1/2 tbsp PSC Italian Crushed Seasoning
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Handful of arugula and fresh tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the grill to 500°F or highest setting.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, zucchini, pepper, onion, olive oil and ranch seasoning. Transfer to a grill basket and cover.
- Grill veggies over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until slightly tender, flipping once. Return to the prep bowl.
- Prepare the grill by greasing the rack with olive oil, taking care to not burn yourself.
- Prepare a rimless baking sheet by dusting a thin layer of flour over the surface.
- Roll pizza dough into your desired shape. Place on baking sheet. Slide the dough from the sheet to the oiled grill and grill for 2-3 minutes. Remove and place back on baking sheet (grilled side down)
- Brush dough lightly with olive oil, spread pizza sauce, and sprinkle with PSC Crushed Italian Seasoning. Add a layer of mozzarella, and top with grilled veggies.
- Slide pizza back on the grill and close the cover. Grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill, top with fresh tomatoes and arugula. Let cool slightly, then slice and serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Make it your own! Add your favorite veggies or toppings. The options are endless!