Fattoush Salad is made with fresh veggies and baked pita chips, with a flavor that can be best described as a taste of the Mediterranean. With ingredients like juicy tomato, crunchy radish, cool mint, our own PSC Tangy Sumac blend, and a medley of fresh greens, Fattoush Salad is a bright and refreshing dish that is perfect as a light meal or a versatile side dish in the warm summer months.
This highly-customizable, veggie-filled salad is a perfect accompaniment to any meat, soup, grain, or mezze platter. So dress it up, add your seasonal veggies of choice, and have fun making our recipe your own!
About PSC Tangy Sumac: Our PSC Tangy Sumac is a Middle-Eastern inspired blend that is sure to wake up any dish. This bright seasoning blends the citrus-like flavor of sumac with hot chilis and sweet honey, resulting in a tantalizing and dynamic combination that uplifts and enhances the overall flavor profile. PSC Tangy Sumac is delicious in spice rubs, sprinkled on salads, and dusted over breads as a tangy topping.
Ingredients for Pita Chips
- 2 Pitas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp PSC Tangy Sumac Seasoning
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 5 green onions (all parts), chopped
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Garnish: Fresh mint and pomegranate seeds
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1 ½ lemons, juiced
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp PSC Tangy Sumac Seasoning
- 1 tbsp PSC Mint
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut pita bread into bite size pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with PSC Tangy Sumac seasoning. Mix well and bake for about 8 minutes or until pita bread is golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions. Remove the stems from the radishes and parsley. Slice radishes and chop parsley then add both to the bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Dress the salad with dressing, top with sumac pita chips, and garnish with fresh mint and pomegranate seeds.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- Build a mezze platter: Add sides of olives, feta, labneh, za’atar, and hummus.