Pumpkin spice is arguably the most popular spice blend of the season (for good reason!) and that’s why we’re so excited to share this simply delicious cupcake recipe featuring our PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice blend. These spiced pumpkin cupcakes are a celebration in and of themselves; the smell of them baking alone will inspire you to save room for dessert. Crowned with a generous dollop of homemade cinnamon frosting, this recipe will warm your belly and fill you with all the joys of fall.
PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice: A little sweet, a little spicy, and a whole lot of flavor; our PSC Pumpkin Spice combines the most popular fall spices into one festive blend. With the inviting flavors of Cinnamon, Allspice, Cloves, Ginger, and Nutmeg (to name a few), our pumpkin spice blend adds a signature fall flavor to all your favorite seasonal food and beverage recipes.
Ingredients for Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp orange peel
1/2 tsp fine salt
1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin puree
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 sticks (12 tbs) unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Ingredients for Frosting
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp PSC Cinnamon
2 cups heavy cream
Extra PSC Cinnamon and PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice for dusting
cupcake cases and tray
2 mixing bowls
1 stand mixing bowl
1 piping bag and metal nozzle
Steps for Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, PSC Pumpkin Pie Spice, poppy seeds, orange peel and salt. Whisk together to fully combine then set aside.
- Whisk the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Use a spatula to carefully fold in the flour mixture to make the cupcake batter.
- Fill each cupcake case halfway with cupcake batter, leaving plenty of room for the cupcakes to rise. TIP: Use an ice cream scoop to add the batter to the cupcake cases.
- Place the cupcake tray in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. If you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Remove from the oven and let cupcakes cool.
Steps for Frosting
(Make the frosting while the spiced pumpkin cupcakes are cooling)
- Add cream cheese, confectioners sugar, cinnamon, and heavy cream to a stand mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until fully combined.
- Check the consistency and add more powdered sugar to thicken or more cream to thin.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a metal nozzle.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, pipe on the frosting.
- Finish with a dusting of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes