✓ Dairy Free
As a versatile, filling, rice noodle dish that incorporates a symphony of flavors and textures, it’s no wonder why pad thai has become a mainstream dish in the U.S. From food trucks, to takeout, to fine dining, pad thai is an easy-to-love Thai food standout for a reason. The perfect dish includes noodles cooked to perfection (not too sticky, greasy, or soft), bathed in the perfect portion of sweet, salty, tangy sauce, and adorned with colorful vegetables.
A great pad thai recipe can be tough to master, and is a point of pride for both restaurant owners and home chefs alike. That’s why we wanted to share our favorite one with you today; to help you successfully bring the steamy southeastern magic of Thai food to your kitchen.
About Pad Thai Spice Blend: No need to buy a bundle of spices to get the flavor you crave, add our PSC Pad Thai Spice Blend instead. Featuring the perfect balance of traditional ingredients such as tamarind, garlic, sesame, lime, and a touch of heat, this seasoning makes cooking the perfect sauce easy.
Ingredients for Noodles
4oz dried pad thai flat noodles
Ingredients for Sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tbsp PSC Pad Thai Spice Blend
1/3 cup of water
Ingredients for Stir Fry
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
5 scallions, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated (or julienned)
2 medium eggs
1 cup bean sprouts
2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
¼ cup peanuts, finely chopped
Steps for Noodles:
- Boil 1 litre of water and remove from heat. Add dried noodles to the boiled water and leave to soak for 5-10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside for later.
Steps for Sauce:
- In a small bowl mix together sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, lime and PSC Pad Thai Spice Blend. Set to one side.
Steps for Stir Fry:
- Add vegetable oil to a large pan or wok and place on a medium heat. When hot, add the finely chopped garlic, chopped scallions, diced bell pepper, and carrot. Stir fry for 1 minute to release flavors.
- Push veggies to one side of the pan, crack 2 eggs on the other side. Mix eggs with a wooden spoon until scrambled.. Mix the scrambled eggs with the veggies.
- Continue to stir fry while adding the bean sprouts, cooked noodles, and sauce. Stir fry for another 2 minutes or until the sauce starts to simmer.
- Once everything is combined and cooked through, add the finely chopped chives, and finely chopped peanuts.
- Stir through one final time before serving. Garnish with extra lime wedges.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Add Protein: Add tofu or chicken for an extra helping of protein