✓ Gluten Free
Few dishes can rival the show-stopper quality of a bright pepper stuffed to the brim with a savory, steamy filling. Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef and Chorizo Seasoning are a delicious, grain-free take on popular southwestern-inspired dishes. Starring red, green, and yellow bell peppers, this dish offers a playful, eat-with-your-eyes-first experience. Whether you’re celebrating a quiet night at home or throwing a festive dinner party, these stuffed peppers will be sure to quench your cravings and leave you feeling full and satisfied.
About Chorizo Seasoning: Our PSC Chorizo blend of spices and herbs has the perfect balance of spicy warmth and aromatic depth of flavor. This hearty mix was formulated to provide heat without sacrificing flavor, making it complementary to both meat and vegetarian dishes.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 pound. beef, ground
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 sweet potato, small, diced
2 tbsps. PSC Chorizo Seasoning
1 (14.5 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
1 cup corn, roasted
1 large red bell pepper
1 large green bell pepper
1 large yellow bell pepper
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cilantro, chopped for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high.
- Add ground beef, breaking it up until browned. Pour off any excess grease if needed.
- Add onion, garlic, sweet potatoes, PSC Chorizo Seasoning, and tomatoes, and cook for ab0ut 10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add fire roasted corn. Let beef mixture cool. This is your filling.
- Cut tops from peppers; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Stuff filling into the peppers and arrange on casserole dish.
- Once all the peppers are filled, add about 1/2 inch of water to casserole dish to help the peppers steam and soften.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes .
- Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with cilantro.
- Cut each pepper in half and serve.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Servings: 6 Servings
Load with your favorite veggies: Make it more filling (and nutrient packed) by adding your favorite toppings. Our suggestion: A generous helping of ripe avocado slices, of course!
Try with ground turkey: For a leaner meat alternative, substitute the ground beef for ground turkey; it won’t disappoint.
Experiment with PSC Chorizo Seasoning: Toss it into scrambled eggs, soups, and chip dips for a fun flavorful twist and just the right amount of kick.
🔥To add a little extra heat, sprinkle more PSC Chorizo Seasoning to taste.