✓ Gluten Free
There is nothing more satisfying than the flaky crunch of a homemade cracker, baked to crispy perfection. These Vegan Pepper Jack Crackers are a simple, 5-ingredient snack, disguised as an artisan appetizer. The inclusion of our Pacific Spice Vegan Pepper Jack Seasoning gives these crackers a fun and trendy flavor, making them delicious all on their own and the perfect canvas for your favorite cheese, dip, or topping.
About Vegan Pepper Jack Seasoning: Our PSC Vegan Pepper Jack Seasoning was formulated by our research and development department in their quest to create a plant-based pepper jack flavor for our health-conscious, gluten-free, and keto customers. This seasoning encapsulates the timeless sweet and spicy taste of pepper jack, complete with its classic buttery finish.
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp psyllium husk
3 tbsp water
3 tbsp avocado oil
1 tbsp PSC Vegan Pepper Jack Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix psyllium husk and water. Set aside.
- Add almond flour and PSC Vegan Pepper Jack Seasoning to a food processor. Process until combined.
- Add oil to food processor. Pulse until crumbly.
- Add psyllium mixture to food processor. Pulse until it forms a semi-sticky dough that is not crumbly. If crumbly, add 1 tsp of water at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove from food processor and form dough into a loose ball. Line a clean surface with wax or parchment paper. Transfer dough to surface.
- Lay another sheet of wax or parchment paper on top of dough and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a rectangle, slightly thinner than 1/8th inch thick.
- Use a knife, pizza cutter, or a small cookie cutter to cut the dough into squares (or circles).
- Transfer the wax or parchment paper with your dough to a baking sheet. Pop baking sheet in freezer for about 10 minutes to stiffen dough. This will help the dough firm up for easy transfer.
- Transfer cooled dough pieces to baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Be careful not to burn. Remove from oven and let cool.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 22 Minutes
Total Time: 42 Minutes
Servings: About 12 crackers
Make a healthy snack: These crackers are healthy on their own, and are also a great addition to a healthy sampler platter. Make a plate with a dollop of hummus,, greek olives, herbs, sliced veggies (like avocado, tomato, and cucumber) sliced pears or apples, and finish it off with your favorite cheese (or vegan alternative) for a healthy DIY snack that everyone will enjoy.
Make a big batch: Homemade crackers keep very well, so double or triple the batch and save the leftovers in an airtight container.